Monday, August 3, 2009

The Truth about Gutter Cleaning

Well the truth is that some jobs that are more disgusting then cleaning gutters, like being a podiatrist, a dentist, or a trash collect, but a professional gutter cleaner job combines both the disgusting and the dangerous to give you a job that can be both dirty and exhilarating at the same time. And if you like living on the edge, you can't get much closer. This is a job that is always in demand, especially in areas with lots of trees. Although demand varies by season and location, peak demand is usually in the Fall and Spring, and anytime it is raining.

What I love best about it is that I can easily sell upgrade client to other related thing like roof cleaning, trimming trees, moss application and removal, gutter guard installation, gutter filter installation, window cleaning and more. It doesn't take a rocket scientist or much of a salesman to turn a $100 job into a $300 job. An the truth about it is you are doing something for them they need to get done and you are saving them the hassle of finding someone else to do it. Plus the longer you clean gutters, the faster you get. As you get faster, you can see your hourly rate or margin increase from $20 an hour to $75 an hour.

You do need to be careful though. It is very important to have the right safety equipment and a good idea of what you are doing. As a general rule, ladders are safer then roof tops, (but roof tops are faster.) Two story or steeper and slippery roofs should always have a safety line when you have to be on the roof.

There are really a lot of important things having to do with gutter cleaning that I could talk about. I love cleaning gutters. I am so happy I started this blog. Maybe I can give someone a safety tip that will save their life. (By the way, never get on a wet roof when it is near freezing.) You will never know unless you stay tuned to this blog and subscribe to my feeds. Also, I have been having a difficult time find a place online that sells the right tools I needed to start my gutter cleaning business. I would like to include the tool you need on this site, just in case you are knew or looking to trade in those football cleats or buy a nice gutter cleaning rake.

Also just because I blog doesn't mean I know every thing please comment and allow me to learn from you as well. Thanks

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate everything you have added to my knowledge base.Admiring the time and effort you put into your blog and detailed information you offer.Thanks. guttercleaningscotland.co.uk

    ReplyDelete